Pearls: Spirits of the Belleview Biltmore
READING GROUPS/BOOK CLUBS – POTENTIAL TALKING POINTS
for Pearls: Spirits of the Belleview Biltmore
- How might the world be different today if, as Margaret Plant suggests, women had developed their own version of the “Good Old Boys Network” over time?
- What are some alternative ideas about what might happen immediately after one passes beyond this life? Do you believe a soul or spirit still exists? If so, do you think the soul can still make choices?
- What would you do if a child came into your life with a “special gift” like Cody’s?
- Do you think it’s possible that an old building can hold onto “echoes” of people who once stayed there?
- Could you/would you incorporate “The Circle” into your own life? How might doing so affect your life and those of other women in your circle?
- Do you know anyone like William? Why do you think he is continually unsatisfied with his life? Do you think men like William can change?
- If you knew about a dark family secret, would you share it with your children?
- Have the lives of women improved since they are no longer automatically expected to marry and raise children? Has their struggle for equality improved society?
- Despite societal and technological advances of the last 100 years, some things haven’t changed at all – especially when it comes to human emotion. What are some of those things?
- If you were given the opportunity to revisit a memory of one person who has passed away, who would you choose and what memory/memories would you want to see?